Saturday, February 27, 2010

Has Anyone Seen Spring? Please!

I apologize for not posting since January 23!  I wish I could say I've been away on an exotic vacation, but I've been right here in Virginia-busy digging out from 27" of snow.  Even though it's almost March 1st and the weather is still threatening more snow, this year I'm really looking forward to spring. Not only can I enjoy working outside, but since I'm retiring in June, I can focus more time on gardening and other outdoor hobbies.  In the past, by late July, I have to start thinking about and planning for the next teaching year.  But not so from now on.  Freedom at last!

My husband and I started a program of exercise almost a year ago, but again with work commitments, it has been challenging to work out consistently during the work week. We go to the club at least twice a week, but I know we need to be going  every other day. So this is another goal.

I enrolled in Virginia's Master Gardener program beginning this August, but a friend told me that I should check into the Master Naturalist course. Of the two, he thinks the later is more environmentally friendly.  If anyone can shed some light on the Master Gardener vs. the Master Naturalist course, I'd appreciate your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete